Gone are the days of noisy and less secured window air conditioners. They take more space to install and blocks daylight as they are usually fitted inside a window. The main advantage of a split system air conditioner installation is that it can be installed almost anywhere without blocking window or daylight. This type of units is more efficient than a window air conditioner. Traditional window air conditioners do not have the cool smart look of the modern spit air conditioner and have high running cost.
Here are some reasons for a split system air conditioner installation:
1. Quiet inside: Usually, split ac is quiet on the inside as it uses much more energy-efficient technology. The exterior compressor of a split system air conditioner can be quite noisy but the outdoor unit is fitted far away from the indoor unit so you can enjoy a soundless, comfortable and cool ambiance inside.
2. Proper air ventilation: The biggest benefit of split system air conditioner installation is you can install its outer unit to any distance you want and provide it proper air ventilation. People who reside in apartments can install the outdoor component in the roof or on the window cornice.
3. Aesthetics: Split air conditioners have an advantage over window air conditioners that they look way better than the later. You can install a split AC at any location of your room as per your convenience or as per your interior design. All you need to take care of is to hide the connecting behind the walls or by covering it by any means which may not ruin the interior design of your room. These cooling units come in attractive designs from which you can choose the best one that matches your interior color combinations and furniture designs.
4. Low energy consumption: Split system air conditioner installation includes installation of all heating components outside your room in a properly ventilated place. The load on compressor is thus minimized and hence less electricity is consumed. Take care of the point that the connecting pipes of the indoor unit and the outdoor unit are properly insulated or drop in cooling efficiency may result in chaotic problems.
5. Varied installation advantages: Split system air conditioner installation can be done on the floor and ceiling These are known as vertical or tower and Cassette type split air conditioner. It gives a uniform air pattern and hence cooling of the room is also of a consistent nature.
6. Easy maintenance: Filters of split system air conditioners are washable and require only cleaning occasionally. Outdoor units of split ACs are designed to get easy access for maintenance and fixing jobs.
7. Cost efficiency: While buying a product, you must look for the best quality first and then keep the cost factor next. Your air conditioner should have a lifetime working capacity and so a one-time investment is much better than saving money at the initial period by buying low-cost units. Split system air conditioner installation is costlier than window AC units. But window air conditioners are becoming obsolete due to lacking aesthetics, blocking of daylight, heavy noise, non-uniform cooling, etc. On the contrary, a split air conditioner does not require a particular place to install, it works more efficiently and makes no sound, blows in more air and cools effectively.
An air conditioner is a long term investment. Usually, one does not change air conditioners very often. This makes it all the more important to take the right decision while buying your AC unit. An air conditioner can consume a lot of electricity if you do not make the right choice. Split system air conditioner installation is a smart choice and is always better. You should weigh in all these factors before making your choice, split or window.