Earlier, splashbacks were thought to be a useful and easy alternative to tiles, but gradually, the splashbacks have managed to impress the patrons not only with their design but also with their usefulness. The splashbacks, which are available these days in different materials, add an extra zing to the kitchen, thus making it more beautiful and radiant. Apart from that, you can easily maintain your kitchen by installing glass kitchen splashbacks and you can easily clean such splashbacks on a regular basis.
Here Are The Different Types Of Splash Backs Available In the Market:
- Glass splashbacks
- Stainless steel splashbacks
- Engineered stone splashbacks
- Tiled splashbacks (porcelain)
- Mirrored glass splashback
- Granite splashbacks
- Laminate splashbacks
- Marble splashbacks
- Polished plaster splashback
How To Install Glass Kitchen Splash Backs?
Now, before you install the glass splashback, make sure the wall is free of any kind of dirt. So, clean the wall properly before you begin work. Before installing, make sure you have identified the correct front and back side of the splashback. You can easily customize your kitchen splashbacks according to your needs. But before you drill a hole into the splashback, make sure you identify the right place to use the cabling. Now, move the protective film from the back of the splashback.
- Now, rub the back of the splashback with sandpaper to remove any dust. Stick double-sided taped on the back of the splashback at 600 mm horizontally and 300 mm vertically. Apply adhesive and then place 2 mm spaces on the bent tops.
- Starting at the bottom, place the splashback on the spaces and firmly place across the entire surface to ensure there are no air pockets. Also, make sure the double-sided tapes have properly bonded to the wall. Don’t forget to remove the spaces once the splashback is placed.
- You are required to leave the splashback to dry for 24 hours. After 24 hours, remove the protective film from the front side of the splashback.
Advantages of Using Kitchen Splash Backs
Now, you might ask us why it is important to use a splashback in the kitchen. Of course, a glass-colored, or a tiled splashback does make the kitchen look beautiful, but a splashback has a number of advantages than just beautifying the kitchen.
1. Protection: Splashbacks provide protection to your kitchen wall especially from moisture, splashes, and cooking stains. Of course, you wouldn’t want to welcome your guests to an unhygienic kitchen. You can easily clean the deposited dirt and oil from the splashback by detergent and you do not need to spend any amount for maintaining such splashbacks.
2. Easy to Clean: Of course, kitchens tend to become messy when you are cooking. But if you have a glass kitchen splashback installed, you don’t have to think much about cleaning. All you need is a wet cloth to wipe off the stain from the splashback.
3. Makes the Kitchen Attractive And Colorful: Today, splashbacks come in a number of colors and materials. The glass splashback can really make your kitchen stand out and this way, it will also uplift your mood while cooking.
4. Heat Resistant: There are splashbacks available in the market, which are usually heat resistant up to 22 degree Celsius. So that is completely heat resistant and you do not need to replace them recurrently.
5. Splashbacks Can Reflect Light: A splash back wouldn’t just up the design quotient of your kitchen but will also help to reflect light and thus brighten up the kitchen arena. Also, the splashbacks are made of toughened materials, and they are long-lasting and safe.
These days, glass splashbacks are ruling the market. With innovative designs, these splashbacks are modern and stylish and are easy to clean and maintain.