Chainmesh fencing is also known as cyclone mesh, chain link or chain wire fencing. It is made by twisting and entangling vertical wires to give them a diamond shape or pattern. It is one of the most popular property security solutions and is thus, used most widely. Chainmesh acts as a brilliant security option on a milder level for various types of applications due to the incredible durability and strength it possesses. Chainmesh fence coupled with barbed wires ensures medium security and maximum amount of strength and durability.
Before installing chainmesh fencing, about it is important to know the reason behind its installation and also, where you wish it to be placed. Reasons could vary from keeping out a dog to just ensuring security and privacy. In case of the former reason, a chain link fence would be the best option. Whereas, a tall and solid fence would be more appropriate for the latter case. Select the material you want your Chainmesh fences of, based on the maintenance required and how much efforts you put in maintaining it. A good lower- maintenance and long-lasting material would be Vinyl. Research well before the installations and hire good professionals for the task.
They are made by coating steel and iron with a zinc layer, immersing it in a molten zinc container, at high temperatures, almost around 450 degree Celsius and this process is known as Hot-dip galvanizing. This proves to be helpful in places with extreme climatic conditions due to its durability. Some of these fences also comprise stainless steel as the material. Galvanized mesh is more affordable than mesh covered in PVC.
Types of Chainmesh Fencing
- PVC coated Chainmesh: It is designed in such a way that it can exist for a long time as the galvanized wire gets extra protection because of the PVC coating over it. Thus, it provides protection against corrosion and rust. It is also widely preferred and used due to its aesthetics and beautiful design.
- Barbed Wire Fences: These are best suited for protection and security. This is a type of fence which has been created by mixing two things, that is, by adding barbed wire to the top of a chainmesh fencing. This frightens unwanted people or an animal and prevents them from climbing over or coming near to the fence, thus ensuring security from break-ins.
- School security fencing: This type of fencing is also known as “Press Formed Spear Top” fencing. The tops of these fences are found in the shape of spears. It is also known as Diplomat type fencing, Security fencing or Brentwood Style fencing. It is more secure than the other types as they prove to be harder to cross through or break in.
- Residential Fencing: This type of fencing is designed solely for individual needs and purposes.
- Security Storage Cages: These cages are storage areas which are lockable and have chain wire roofs which are galvanized.
- Internal Fencing Partitions: If there’s a necessity for you to separate any specific areas in your workshop, internal fences are the ones you should choose. These fences are usually either attached to the ceiling or to a concrete floor.
- Commercial Construction site fencing: They come with strict regulations and heavy responsibilities of safety in a construction site to keep any intruders or interventions away.
- Rural Fencing: Rural fencing is used to keep animals out, generally. They can be of various types based on strength, height, style and so on.
- Animal Enclosures: They are more like cages for animals and birds to keep in and make them available to the public viewing. The wire mesh is welded and is strong, durable and long-lasting. They can also be buried inside the ground. They come in various sizes, and they have holes too, of various sizes according to the size or nature of an animal, reptile or a bird.
- Sporting areas fencing: These fences are the ones that we see on sports fields, used in all kinds of sports ranging from cricket to football to badminton.
Why is it so popular?
Its chief purpose is to allocate your property’s perimeter. It can also act as an extension to your house without much hassle or space consumption. But most of all a chainmesh fence adds value to any house and turns a house into a secure home, guarding habitants. Nowadays you have a wide variety to choose from within your budget. There are also experts available to help you in choosing and installing fence that are best for your house.