Hardwood as the name suggests generally refers to wood that is harder and stronger, at times this wood is not hard, and it can be much softer than even softwood. These trees can be identified easily as they reproduce flowers and they have much broader leaves. Hardwood is taken from the trunks and branches of these trees and has an aesthetic grain configuration which makes them unique and very attractive. Since the wood from these trees are hard it becomes a little laborious to cut and shape them to obtain a certain design. Hardwood is used in making musical instruments, furniture, tool handles, in constructions, floorings and even used in fascias of expensive cars. Now that we know the importance of hardwood we will discuss in depth about recycled hardwood. Hardwood at times is little difficult to find, so if you are looking for that vintage touch or rustic style for your home or office space then you can look at this option of using recycled hardwood.
This is hardwood that has been carefully salvaged from ancient buildings, bridges, warehouses and wharfs. These recycled hardwoods are then sold in the form of floorings, beams, decking and can be used to make antique furniture. Let us now look at some advantages of using recycled hardwood.
Advantages of using Recycled Hardwood
- Eco-friendly: Using recycled hardwood is considered as environmentally friendly and this is because it helps in saving forests. By not cutting down on trees for wood, it helps the forests to retain their beauty with those tall skyscraper trees, the crispy green grass and those fresh scented flowers. By not cutting down on trees it also helps to protect the land from soil erosion. Thus, using recycled hardwood can make a difference to the environment by making a greener and healthier world.
- Wide Range: Recycled hardwood comes in a variety of patterns and colors and this is because these woods are salvaged from ancient trees in homes and old buildings. This makes the hardwood patterns and grains unique and superior in quality. Hence, this is a great option for choosing a vintage or rustic style hardwood that will match the decor.
- Durable: Hardwood that is recycled are durable and strong. Since they are salvaged from ancient building and warehouses which used woods that were more than hundred years old. The fact that recycled hardwood is more stable, and durable is because way back hundreds of years ago there was no air and water pollution that we see today. Hence, in ancient days unless the trees were old enough they would not be cut down. So, when choosing a recycled hardwood, you can be assured that you are choosing the best quality and the most exclusive hardwood for your interiors.
- Preserves History: Investing in recycled hardwood helps in preserving history as the wood is from ancient days. This will not only give you a good feeling but will also leave a feeling of awe when your guests and friends look at the vintage hardwood from history right in front of their eyes. It will surely add charm and warmth to your decor.
- Low Maintenance: Recycled hardwood are comparatively expensive, however once it is installed it is very low in maintenance. This is because the wood is very old and over time they are worn out and so only a little polishing can make the wood last for many years to come. Unlike new wood recycled hardwood does not have any moisture inside them which makes them very strong.
Whether you want to renovate your home or office space or construct a new home and want to make it a green living or have a sense of history then investing in recycled hardwood is the perfect way to design your project.