So are you moving into a new home and deciding upon the design of your dream bathroom or maybe you are just looking to renovate your old bathroom. This guide is just perfect that will help you decide which vanity stone top will suit your style in the bathroom.
When it comes to bathroom countertop people do not pay much attention to them but it is just as important as the kitchen countertops. It is not only functional but it also adds to the aesthetics of your theme. If you want to make the most out of the bathroom counter top then it is necessary to check the durability of the material.
Things to Remember Before Buying Your Vanity Stone Top
Before you rush into buying your vanity stone top it is important to remember some things about them.
- This is the basic aspect when choosing a stone because you must remember that the moisture generated from the shower can gradually ruin the stone top. So you obviously have to consider buying a vanity stone top that is not only aesthetic in nature but also durable.
- Secondly you will always have to think about your budget. Scavenging for the right kind of countertop will not only help you add to your theme of the bathroom but it will also be durable in the long run. Choosing the right kind of materials is very important. You have to think about your style and what material goes best with your needs.
- Going for something that looks good is okay, but you should always consider the use in the long run as well.
(i) Consider your lifestyle – Considering how you live and what your needs are will determine what kind of vanity stone top suits you the best. This will help you in narrowing down your choice. Consider asking yourself these questions –
- Do you want a master bath or just a simple one?
- How many people use the bathroom?
- Will this be your permanent house that you can consider spending on renovating it?
Answering all these questions will help you determine what you actually want. This will help you narrow down your choice to the perfect vanity stone top for your bathroom.
Different Kinds of Vanity Stone Tops
There are ample of choices for the vanity stone top available in the market. Each material of the stone top has its own advantages. It is up to you to weigh them and then make your final choice.
Laminate vanity stone top is very durable in nature along with being moisture resistant. They are available in various colours and styles.
-Affordable, most economical out of the other bathroom countertops
-Easy maintenance and does not take much effort to clean it.
Stain and water resistant
Pre-sized laminates are easily available in the markets
Easy do it yourself installation
Solid Surface is a kind of plastic that is very much similar to laminate counter tops. They are also durable and immune to moisture. These also include cultures granite and onyx
– Non-porous surface hence easily cleanable
– Allows for a seamless sink
– Scratches can be polished out
Humidity and heat does not damage the stone.
It can be protected with a sealant.
Natural stone countertops are not only beautiful but they are also durable. They add to the aesthetics of the bathroom.
-Durable stone hence less scratches
-Non-porous stones are easy maintenance
It can be polished for a better shine
It fits with the natural style of the bathroom
In the end, bathroom renovation or designing calls for attention to detail and including practicality too.