A camper trailer is perfect for a holiday as you do not have to worry about finding accommodation and travel as you please. It is your house on wheels. A typical 35-foot camper trailer has a dinette, a living area and bed mats. You are just mistaken if you thought a camper would lack the amenities available at home. In fact, they can be loaded with all luxuries. Camper trailers usually have a chemical toilet and a water tank as well as water heater.
Campers perfect for holidays
Some even offer air conditioning and heating along with TV and music system. Hitch it to your vehicle and travel from coast to coast and border to border. Setting up a quality camper trailer is easy with its lifter system, retractable aluminum steps and leveling as well as stabilizer jacks. You can camp in the wilds and yet enjoy the amenities of home.
Camper trailers as a permanent home
Everyone needs a house, a place to settle down and few would go with a mobile home. However, a camper trailer can make a perfect house, equipped as it is with virtually all the basic amenities you need and there are advantages with this kind of lifestyle. First take a look at the brighter side of life in camper trailers:
- Fully equipped camper trailers do not lack in facilities and you get used to it. Space may be less but you have all the comforts of a home that can move with you anywhere you want, any time you like.
- If you are the type that loves to move from one city to another and experience life to the fullest, you will not want the trouble of packing household goods and unpacking them all the time. Your home goes with you wherever you go.
- You can travel at a moment’s notice, stop anywhere to eat or cook meals in the kitchen of your camper trailer, sleep in it and not worry about hotel rooms and high costs.
- Live in a camper trailer and you are not tied down to any one place. If you have property and wish to move you have to sell it or break a lease and then find new housing in the new place.
- If you live in a camper full time then you need not worry about house insurance, property taxes, utility bills, maintenance and repairs.
- A fully equipped luxury camper trailer could be yours for about $ 50000. A house could cost ten times that much.
- Maintaining your camper trailer home takes only a little time and effort and you have more free time at your disposal.
- Staying in a camper ground could be safer as there are others and there is full time security in addition to other facilities such as swimming pools and gyms.
- If the area is threatened by a hurricane you can shift your mobile home to a safe place.
- You do not have to worry about noisy neighbors or pesky neighborhood.
If you have the impression that only those who are passing through an economic crisis shift to camper trailer homes you are wrong. Well off and well established people have found this type of lifestyle to be quite appealing.
The downsides of life in camper trailer are few:
- Living quarters may be a little cramped.
- You need to maintain batteries, take care of toilet and other routine maintenance work to ensure everything works perfectly.
- You do not have a permanent address.
- Internet access may be a problem.
That said, if you do decide to live permanently in camper trailers then you would do well to have full insurance for the vehicle as well as for assets inside and health insurance. Make sure you obtain a permanent address.